Saturday 24 March 2012

Luncheon Voucher

No wine list means it's not a restaurant
Was at a buffet service luncheon earlier today by invitation of one of my servants trying to negotiate an end to the blasted strike. He vouched for the place by saying it was excellent.

The strike has kept those stinkers idle for weeks while I have been left standing there like a complete arse, having to make my own tea, cucumber sandwiches, G&T, wash my own feet and the like.

One has to say that the food came through like lightening. However, one then asked the waitress what wine was available in the cellar. A simple question that went completely over her head of course. 'Wine' I said. 'you know in a bottle? Red? Expensive? Yes?'

She responded, 'This is McDonald's sir.'

Don't know what that was supposed to mean but clearly they didn't have a wine list, whereupon, for some reason, everybody took it upon themselves to laugh. Won't be going there again!

1 comment: